By Chef: Callie England
Posted: October 1, 2010
Kale has never tasted so good with the addition of cucumber and delicious herbs.
- 1 head of kale (stemmed, cut, washed and dried)
- 1 large burpless/english cucumber (seeded and chopped)
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 1/4 C of red wine
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt (generous amount)
- handful of fresh oregano
- handful of fresh mint
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds (or more!)
- 1 – 2 T of nutritional yeast
- Garlic (I used g. powder, as fresh garlic is a bit much for myself)
- In a large bowl, massage kale with olive oil, red wine, lemon juice, acv, sea salt, oregano, and mint – massage for about 5 minutes, or, until tender. Add pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic and cucumber – mix thoroughly.