By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: July 8, 2013
The fresh, cooling taste and crunchy, juicy texture of cold cucumber is perfectly paired with this creamy herbalicious raw vegan cashew cheese by Gena Hemshaw of Choosing Raw. The cashew cheese is made super delicious with fresh dill and nutritional yeast for added cheesy flavor and b-vitamins. A super versatile reci
Yield: 1 3/4 cups cashew cheese
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 2 hours or overnight in water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tightly packed dill
1) Drain cashews and rinse them. Add the drained cashews to the food processor along with the salt, lemon, and nutritional yeast. Pulse to combine.
2) Let the motor run, and drizzle water in, stopping a few times to scrape the bowl down. Keep blending till the cheese has the consistency of a light cream cheese (or whipped ricotta).
3) Add the dill and pulse to combine. Transfer cashew cheese to an airtight container. Will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Makes 1 3/4 cups