By Chef: Jenné Claiborne
Posted: July 2, 2015
This recipe is the most refreshing summer salad, summer appetizer, or summer side dish. The creaminess from the avocado, meets the sweetness of the peach, mingles with the sharpness of the red onion, dances with the sweet herbal aroma of dill. Add the acids, a little heat, and a dash of salt, and you’ve got yourself a stellar creation.
This summer salad is begging for you to take it to a 4th of July cookout, BBQ, or on a picnic to the beach. Enjoy!
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and seeds removed, and diced into ¾ centimeter thick cubes
- 1 ripe peach, diced like the cucumber (keeping or removing the peel is up to you. I leave it)
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh diced like the cucumber
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar (plus a splash for good measure)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and stir well to combine with a large spoon.
- Season to taste with a dash more sea salt, vinegar, or lemon juice if necessary.