By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: November 14, 2012
Easy, simple, and delish! We love the crunchy, juicy texture of this salad and the fact that it has a nice dose of protein in it from hemp seeds. And of course you can never go wrong with a tahini dressing, at least in our book!
For the salad:
- 3 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 1 large granny smith apple, shredded
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
2. Dress the shredded vegetables and hemp seeds with dressing; you can use as much as you like, but make sure you coat everything well! (I think I used about a half cup.) Serve.