By Chef: Julie Van den Kerchove
Posted: August 4, 2016
This Crunchy Almond Butter Banana Ice Cream is super simple to make but so addictive, especially when you top it with raw chocolate sauce and toasted coconut.
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled + frozen & roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or a few drops of pure liquid Stevia (optional)
- 2 large pinches of vanilla powder
- 1 large pinch of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (optional)
- 2 large tablespoons sprouted almonds, roughly chopped (optional, to add a crunchy texture)
- chopped almonds, cacao nibs, toasted coconut chips, raw chocolate sauce…
- Place your frozen banana chunks in the food processor fitted with an S-blade and pulse to mix until they look crumbled. If you don’t have a powerful food processor at home, allow your frozen bananas to slightly thaw (5 minutes or so) before you turn it into ice cream.
- Scrape down the sides of your food processor with a rubber spatula in between mixing. Add your other ingredients, except for the sprouted almonds. Process until the frozen bananas turn into ice cream.
- Finally, add the sprouted almonds and pulse to mix for a few seconds at a time. You want these to stay crunchy.
- Take two serving bowls and use an ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop out your ice cream.
- Add your favorite toppings. I used extra almonds, cacao nibs, toasted coconut chips and raw chocolate sauce.