By Chef: Heather McClees
Posted: May 1, 2017
This Creamy Matcha Vanilla Milkshake has a rich and silky smooth texture plus a huge boost of nutrition thanks to the anti-inflammatory and naturally energizing matcha green tea powder it contains. It’s also free of added sugar and vegan-friendly!
- 1 cup of unsweetened raw plant based milk of choice (almond is a great choice)
- ½ cup of ice cubes (or frozen almond milk cubes)
- 5-6 ounces (about ¾ cup) of your favorite unsweetened, plain plant based yogurt (RFR tip — find raw coconut yogurt if possible!)
- ¼ cup frozen pineapple cubes
- ½ tsp. matcha green tea powder
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla bean powder (or you can use ½ tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract)
- ¼ tsp. pure stevia extract (or liquid)
- Add all the ingredients in the order listed to your blender (a high-speed blender or Nutribullet works great here!) and blend on low, then progress to high.
- Serve immediately, or freeze for 30 minutes to make it even colder. This milkshake also goes great in a pre-frozen glass if you want to make it even better.
If you want to boost the protein, feel free to add ½ scoop of your favorite vanilla-flavored protein powder. If you don’t like stevia, feel free to use whatever sweetening option you enjoy. To make this thicker, add 1 tbsp. chia seeds before blending.