By Chef: Ella Leché
Posted: November 17, 2016
The Holiday Season is here! Celebrate the season of joy with this wonderful recipe for a Cranberry Rosemary Nut Cheese Log that is insanely delicious and actually healthy with all-natural ingredients that are all gluten free, vegan and paleo too! There’s nothing fake or artificial in there – just pure, simple ingredients that are actually good for you that give the taste buds a crazy taste of cheese! This recipe is also very easy to pull off – so don’t be intimidated! Serve with raw crackers for a delicious appetizer.
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parchement paper, cheesecloth or dish towel
- Handful of mixed nuts (I used walnuts and pecans), chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped fine
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped fine + extra for garnish
- Rinse and drain your soaked cashews. Then blend them in a food processor or high speed blender with nutritional yeast, garlic and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Place the mixture onto a cheesecloth and squeeze top to drain any liquids. If a log shape is desired, then shape the mixture into a cylinder*, still in the cheesecloth. Place it over a sieve and store in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Chop the nuts, cranberries and rosemary and spread onto a work surface. Unwrap the cheese log and roll it in the toppings evenly pressing them into the ‘cheese’. Do this just before serving or return back to the refrigerator until serving.
* a cylinder shape may not hold up well in a sieve – most of them are round. If that’s also the case, then 1/2 way through draining, transfer the mixture onto parchment paper and roll it to make a log. Twist the sides (like a candy) and tuck them underneath to hold the shape in place. Let it sit on a dish towel in the refrigerator to let some extra moisture get absorbed in the dish towel.