By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: February 19, 2015
If you’re feeling a little under the weather this soup will aid your immune system with plenty of fresh garlic, coriander (also known as cilantro) and lime. Light-yet-creamy and bursting with flavor, you will love this easy recipe. For best results use fresh, homemade almond milk, or for another variation try using hemp milk instead. Enjoy!
- 1.5 cups almond milk , cold (see notes below)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- sea salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- To serve: olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, croutons, lime, fresh coriander
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until completely combined.
- Taste and season more if needed.
- Serve right away with olive oil, croutons (or raw cracker crumbles), lime juice and black pepper. If served later, store in the fridge until ready to eat.
If you’d rather make your own almond milk for this soup (I did), add pre-soaked (overnight) almonds to a blender with water and pulse on high speed (or how advised by your blender’s manufacturer) until it turns into milk. It took me just a couple of minutes. The ratio is 1 to 3 – 1 cup almonds to 3 cups water. Strain the milk to separate the almond pulp from the super duper milk and leave it silky smooth (feel free to giggle).