By Chef: Lauren Glucina
Posted: December 9, 2015
In this raw vegan version of an Australian/New Zealand dessert called coconut rough, oats join in on the chocolate/coconut party, giving the recipe a bit more body, a heartier texture, as well as a solid dose of digestion-loving soluble fiber and nerve-calming B vitamins. If you’re one of those people who like to enjoy a little chocolate for breakfast to kick off the day right, this may be the perfect recipe for you!
- 200g cacao butter, liquefied
- 200g cacao powder
- 125ml 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 whole vanilla bean, scraped
- 100g fine oats
- 100g shredded coconut
- 2 little pinches of fine sea salt
- To melt the cacao butter, shave with a knife into small pieces, place in a pyrex jug, and stand in a bath of hot water.
- Transfer to a large bowel and stir in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread onto a small baking dish lined with baking paper, sprinkle with extra coconut to decorate.
- Set in the fridge for about 20 minutes, cut into squares to serve.