By Chef: Christine Roseberry
Posted: October 8, 2015
This delicious coconut curry soup can be served chilled or warm; either way it tastes amazing! You’ll be warmed from the inside out through the potent combination of spices within this recipe: galangal ginger, curry, chili, and garlic. Savory and sweet at the same time with that perfect kick!
- 1 young Thai coconut (the flesh and water of, about a cup of flesh and 1 1/2 cups of water)
- 1 thin carrot, cut in chunks
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1.5 tsp galangal ginger ( if you don’t have galangal ginger, you can use 1 tsp fresh ginger)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 Thai chili pepper, mined (these can be quite spicy so start with less if you don’t want it spicy)
- 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, julienned to form noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 cup water (more or less to desired consistency)
- (optional) 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- (optional) 1 medjool date, pitted
- Fill a medium size bowl with the sliced vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber noodles and cilantro).
- Blend the rest of the ingredients in the blender. If you want warm soup blend for about 2 minutes, otherwise blend until creamy, pour over vegetables and serve room temperature. Garnish with cilantro.
I put optional for the above two ingredients because this soup really is good both ways, with and without them, however they do go together so it’s best to either use them both or leave them both out.