By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: November 22, 2013
Hey you! Craving a little energy boost this afternoon? If so than you’ve stumbled upon the perfect recipe to wake up the senses, energize, hydrate those thirsty cells and generally add a little pep to your step. Enjoy this beautiful smoothie by Chris Anca of Tales of a Kitchen featuring fresh young coconut water, celery (electrolyte central!) banana, cucumber, melon, and a blend of whichever berries suit your fancy. You’ll feel utterly renewed!
- water of 1 young green coconut, chilled
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 frozen banana
- a handful of cucumber slices/chunks
- two handfuls of berries of choice (I used blackberries, currants, raspberries and strawberries)
- 1 cup melon chunks
- more water, if needed (depending on how much water you get from your coconut)
1. Add all to blender and whiz it up.
2. Best served right away, chilled.