By Chef: Chad Sarno
Posted: November 22, 2010
Sweet flavors of coconut, clementine and lavender syrup meld together to create this decadent treat. The texture of the frozen, creamy sorbet goes perfectly with the chewy-gooey tartlet crust made from cashews, dried coconut, and agave.
- 2 c dried coconut
- ½ c cashews
- 3 T agave
- T fresh lemon zest
- ¼ t Celtic salt
- 1 recipe Clementine Sorbet
- Fresh citrus zest as garnish
- ¼ cup lavender syrup
- Fresh lavender flowers for garnish
- 2 cups coconut meat or 1 ½ cups soaked cashews
- 1 cup Clementine juice
- 2 whole Clementine’s peeled
- ¼ c agave syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ t fresh nutmeg shavings
- ¼ c dried lavender flowers
- 1 c agave
1.In food process or, process the coconut, agave, lemon zest, and salt until mixture forms a ball and is fully blended.
2. Line small tartlet shells with plastic wrap. Press 1-2 T coconut crust mixture into each, press firmly around the sides and flutes if using fluted molds.
3. Store in freezer until ready for use.
1. In high speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
2. Either pour in your choice of sorbet maker, (*Paco Jet being my personal favorite), following manufacturers instruction, or line a square container with plastic wrap, pour in blended mixture.
3. Freeze, pop frozen block out the following day, slice in strips and put through a gear juicer, with the solid plate for a delicious sorbet!
1. In high speed blender, blend for 1 minute, continue to pour through fine strainer to remove remaining bits.
For Service: Place 3 tart shells on each plate, using a 1 ounce scoop, scoop Clementine sorbet on each. Garnish with fresh long strands of citrus zest. Finish the plate with lavender syrup and sprinkled fresh lavender flowers and/or Clementine segments.