By Chef: Summer Sanders
Posted: December 5, 2013
This recipe by Summer Sanders of Radiantly Raw inspires both the taste buds AND the eyes with its creamy, ivory-toned cheesecake filling complete with vibrant stains of bright red raspberry juice. Food SHOULD be a work of art, and with this particular cheesecake the task is achieved. Scroll down to read what simple ingredients you’ll need along with the easy steps it takes to bring it all together.
For the crust:
- 2 cups raw almonds, dry
- 5 to 7 dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup young coconut meat (can be omitted if it’s not available)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 to 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberries or other favorite berry for topping
1) Place almonds, dates, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a food processor and blend until a dough like consistency forms.
2) Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan. Reserve some of the mixture for the middle layer of the cheesecake.
3) The crust does not need to be thick. Once prepared, set the crust in the freezer.
1) In your blender, combine, cashews, coconut meat, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Blend well. You may find that you need a little water to make sure the mixture blends well. Just don’t over pour or the cheesecake will not set up as needed.
2) Pour half of the filling into your springform pan, then take our reserved crust and some berries and place over the filling.
3) Continue pouring the rest of the mixture of the crust and berries.
4) Top with berries and transfer to the freezer for two hours.