By Chef: Callie England
Posted: February 9, 2011
A yummy raw vegan granola bar full of wholesome ingredients without all of the unnecessary syrups and sweeteners.
- .5 C pumpkin seeds
- .5 C sunflower seeds
- .5 C hemp seeds
- .5 C ground flax seeds
- .25 C coarsely ground almonds
- .25 C coarsely ground brazil nuts
- .25 C chia seeds
- .25 C dehydrated coconut
- zest from one orange
- zest from one lemon
- 1 orange peeled
- 3 medjool dates (soaked, pitted)
- juice from one lemon
- 2 packets of stevia
- .25 C purified water
- .5 tsp sea salt
1. In a large bowl, combine the first set of ingredients and set aside.
2. In a high-speed blender, combine the second set of ingredient until smooth in texture.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients by hand and mix well.
4. Using a spatula, carefully spread mixture on a non-stick dehydrator sheet. While wet, slice bars into 12 equal sections (I like using a pizza cutter).
5. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for about 5 hours and then flip to mesh dehydrator sheet. Let dehydrate another 8 hours until firm.
The best part of these granola bars is that they can be made in the oven if you are without a dehydrator. Just make sure to use the lowest setting and crack the door.