By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: May 11, 201
These adorable little coconut cinnamon raison “quickies” take but minutes to throw together and can be either placed in the freezer to set or dehydrated if you’re willing to wait for a bit. Cashews and coconut work very well as a base for a chewy style cookie. Throw in some cacao nibs if you’re wanting a chocolatey crunch or dried blueberries instead of raisons to mix it up a bit. Sometimes simplicity is just divine!
Yield: 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons raisins
1) Place the cashews in the food processor and process until finely ground.
2) Add the coconut and process again to combine.
3) Add the coconut oil, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla and salt and process again until well combined and a sticky dough has formed.
4) Stir in the raisins by hand.
5) With your hands, form the dough into 6 cookies, about 11/2″-2″ in diameter. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm or Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 24 hours. Dehydrating is no extra work and the results will be a warm, soft cookie, but it’s not necessary if you would like to be able to eat your cookies right away. We actually ate a few the first day and then dehydrated the rest for the next!