By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: November 10, 2016
Yes, it may be the middle of November, but those soft serve cravings obviously didn’t get the memo. If you find yourself with an inkling for soft serve, especially of the chocolate variety, treat yourself to this superfood version full of nutrient-rich ingredients like raw cacao, omega and protein rich hemp seeds, adaptogenic maca powder, lucuma and mesquite, and an infusion of antioxidant-loaded chaga mushroom tea. Where’s a spoon??
- 1/4 cup chaga tea, chilled
- 3 large frozen bananas
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch of celtic sea salt
- For garnish: 2 teaspoons raw cacao nibs
- Blend the first set of ingredients until smooth in a high speed blender or a food processor. Just DON’T over process or it will start to get too melty.
- Add the cacao nibs and blend for a few seconds to break them down. Eat immediately.
- I drizzled the chocolate sauce recipe from my Sweetly Raw Desserts book. It adds a special touch but isn’t necessary.
Brew up a large batch of chaga to drink and use in smoothies! Make sure the bananas are fully ripe, with brown spots. Make sure to peel them and break them into chunks before freezing. The salt brings out the flavours even more and also adds minerals. Don’t be afraid of this healthy salt.