By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: June 23, 2014
Summer is the season for outdoor activities and adventures of all sorts and you’re going to need plenty of healthy treats to fuel you along the way! If you naturally gravitate towards all things chocolate peanut butter you will love this super easy protein ball recipe by Gena Hemshaw of Choosing Raw. Use a chocolate rice, pea, or hemp protein of your choice, however we highly recommend Epic Protein with its added benefits of maca. For a completely raw version use jungle peanuts or raw valencia peanuts. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 dozen balls
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts (raw or roasted)
- 1 1/3 cup tightly packed, pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (rice, pea, or hemp)
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
1) Grind all ingredients in a food processor till they’re evenly and finely ground. When you can take a small handful and squeeze it in your palm and it holds together well, you’re ready to roll.
2) Roll the mixture into 1 or 1 1/2″ balls.
Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to two weeks.