By Chef: Justin and Heidi Ohlander
Posted: September 29, 2010
It always tastes like dessert and is completely amazing for your body.
- 20 oz of herbal tea or fresh spring water
- one small or medium very ripe banana
- 8 oz frozen cherries
- 2 oz frozen strawberries
- 2 rounded tbsp cacao powder
- 1 rounded tsp carob powder
- 1/2 tbsp maca powder
- 2 tbsp hemp or flax oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6-7 drops vanilla creme stevia
- 3 drops chocolate stevia
- cacao nibs
- Put water or tea into the blender.
- Add frozen fruit and banana. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- Garnish with olives, capers and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning.
- Add powders, liquid sweeteners, and vanilla extract. Blend on high for 10 seconds.
- Turn blender on low and slowly drizzle the hemp or flax oil.
- Pour into a large glass, garnish with a mint leaf, and sprinkle cacao nibs on top!
The most powerful aspect of this recipe is that because the chocolate and cherry flavors are so dominant, you can add almost any bitter tasting herb, powder, or ingredient into this drink that you are working with and it won’t change the flavor. For someone just starting out with herbs, this is the perfect cold elixir recipe to start with.