By Chef: Petra
Posted: December 10, 2015
Chocolate coconut truffles are not only an extremely delicious recipe, they’re also really fun to make because you can really experiment and play with different flavors and ingredients. There are so many options that you can try to make this recipe original and up to your taste. For example, if you don’t want t o go the ginger and orange route, you can add fresh mint, ground black pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, lime or lemon zest. Heavenly and guilt-free!
- 200g shredded shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, creamy not melted
- 4 tsp coconut nectar
- 4 tsp orange zest
- 3 tsp ginger, grated
- 60g dark chocolate 65% — raw or roasted
- In a medium bowl, mix with your hands shredded coconut with coconut oil and coconut nectar. Separate the mixture into 3 parts.
- Mix one part with orange zests, the second part with ginger and the third leave natural. Place the mixtures in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Then form round truffles with your hands.
- Melt chocolate over simmering water and pour over the truffles. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving.