By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: December 31, 2014
When life calls for a cookie and a tall glass of (nut) milk, make it a raw, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and paleo-friendly cookie with an extra emphasis on the chocolate. Who could refuse an actually-healthy-for-you chocolate chunk cookie with a raw chocolate drizzle? Nobody.
- 1 cup/ 2dl nuts of choice (I prefer almonds, cashews or macadamia nuts)
- 10 dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of vanilla
- a handful chopped, raw chocolate
- Process nuts, dates, cacao, salt and vanilla in a food processor until everything is smooth and sticky.
- Add in the chopped chocolate and mix with a spoon.
- Roll the dough into six balls and press them down on a baking sheet with your hands to make cookies. I decorated mine with raw, melted chocolate and fresh, handpicked blackberries.