By Chef: Amanda Le
Posted: April 2, 2015
Toss it in your dehydrator or oven and enjoy huge crunchy clusters of chocolate granola. If you don’t have the exact same ingredients as I used, don’t worry about it! Simply substitute pistachios for your favorite nut, chocolate chips instead of cacao nibs or hemp seeds instead of chia seeds. This is one of those recipes that allows you to have the flexibility to use a wide variety of your pantry items and still get yummy snack!
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup pistachios (or any nut)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 4-6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, coconut flakes, pistachios, cacao nibs, chia seeds and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cacao powder, vanilla and maple syrup until smooth.
- Pour cacao mixture over the oat mixture and stir until oats are coated. If you like your granola very clumpy, add more maple syrup.
- Place granola mixture on a teflex tray and pat down.
- Transfer tray to your Dehydrator and dehydrate at 115 F for 10 hours or overnight, until dry.
- Break the dried granola into chunks and store in an airtight container.