By Chef: Amanda Maguire
Posted: June 6, 2012
Avocado lime soup never fails to hit the spot, especially during the heat of summer. Cucumber and lime will keep you cool and refreshed while avocado bulks things up a bit and makes this recipe satisfying yet light. Seasoned and garnished simply with a dash of black pepper, sea salt, tomato and cilantro, this recipe is ridiculously easy to make. It will become a summer staple in your kitchen without a doubt.
- 1 lb. Organic Cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 2 Small Avocados, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 C. Fresh Lime Juice (about 2 limes)
- 3/4 C. Water
- 1 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Chopped Tomato & Cilantro for Garnish (optional)
1) Place the cucumbers, avocados, lime juice, water, sea salt, and pepper into a blender.
2) Process ingredients until smooth.
3) Taste and add more salt/pepper if you like.
4) Transfer the soup to a large bowl or tupperware and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Garnish with fresh, chopped tomato and cilantro if you like.
If you’re not using organic cucumbers, be sure to peel them to remove that waxy skin and as much of the pesticides as possible.
If you’re a big fan of cilantro, feel free to blend a handful (1/4 — 1/2 C. or so) directly into the soup.