By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: July 4, 2013
A crust of dates, coconut and vanilla bean layered with dreamy cashew cream, raw chocolate sauce, and fresh pitted cherries and almond slivers. It’s time to celebrate LIFE and summer’s fun festivities with this ultra yummy recipe by Christina Ross of Love-Fed.com!
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup almonds (sliced, halved or whole)
- 12 dates
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
1. Begin by making the crust. For the crust combine dates , vanilla and coconut in food processor until mix sticks together.
2. Press into square pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Make the creme by placing all creme ingredients in a blender or food processor and blending until smooth. Pour and spread creme evenly over crust.
4. Pit the cherries and place them evenly across the creme.
Sprinkle the almonds onto the creme. Place dessert in fridge while making the chocolate.
5. Melt the cacao butter. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, add all of the chocolate ingredients and stir until smooth.
6. Pour a layer of chocolate over the entire dessert and set in in the fridge to harden.
7. Set in fridge for 20 min or until hardened, cut into bars and serve garnished with coconut flakes (optional)