By Chef: Diana Stobo
Posted: February 3, 2011
The beauty of raw desserts lies in the way the natural flavors combine together to create something truly ecstatic. With a little fruit, nuts, and dates you’ve got the basics for a lively raw food pie or crumble. This crumble is as gorgeous as it is delicious, and is very easy to make!This amazing superfood salad is loaded with flavor and phytonutrients.
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and sliced
- 2 apricots (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 /4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 Medjool date, pitted and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1) Toss sliced cherries and apricots, agave and cinnamon together in a bowl and let sit to infuse flavors while preparing the topping.
1) Place all ingredients in a processor fitted with an s-blade. Pulse until pecans and dates are broken down.
1) Place sliced cherries and apricots in serving dish of choice.
2) Crumble pecan-date mixture on top of cherries and apricots, then press lightly to form a crusty top. Enjoy as is or serve with your favorite non-dairy frozen dessert.
Prepare this beautiful apricot cherry dessert in a tart mold for an elegant looking dessert.