By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: August 26, 2014
Cheesy, crunchy, perfectly spiced and salted, and jam packed with blood-fortifying nutrients such as trace minerals and Vitamins K and C…this recipe by Iselin Stoylen of Vegetarian Taste leaves nothing to be desired. Be sure to bookmark this classic kale chip recipe as you’ll want to make it time and time again!
- one large bunch of kale
- 1cup/ 2dl cashews (soaked)
- 1 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin (optional, but it gives the kale chips a delish, mexican twist)
1. Rinse the kale leaves and remove the leaves from the stems.
2. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
3. Add all the ingredients (except the kale) to a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Mix together the kale leaves and the seasoning with your hands. Make sure every leave is covered well covered. Place the kale leaves on dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 105 degrees F/ 41 degrees celcius.
The kale chips are best eaten fresh, but can be kept in a box for a few days.