By Chef: Kerry Ogden
Posted: June 5, 2014
Add a pop of freshness to your life with this crisp and vibrant salad by Kerry Ogden featuring cauliflower and pine nut rice, a bed of fresh arugula, shelled sugar snap peas, diced avocado, and a bright pop of invigorating citrus with hints of earthy cumin and spicy ginger. Bon appetit!
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh peas, shelled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- zest from 1 lemon or lime
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Dash of olive oil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- Avocado, cubed
- salt, to taste
Cut the cauliflower florets from the stem. Pulse in a food processor until the cauliflower is about the size of rice.
2. Stir in peas, pine nuts, avocado and green onions.
3. Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, maple syrup, and ginger. Pour over cauliflower mixture and stir to combine.
4. Serve on a bed of arugula. Salt and pepper to taste.