By Chef: Ani Phyo
Posted: October 26, 2011
Cauliflower comes in white, green, and purple varieties, and works wonderfully processed into a mash. Serve with a gravy on it’s own, or alongside your favorite recipe(s).
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small pieces, about 6 c
- 1/4 cup avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons miso, any unpasteurized color
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme or sage, dry
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup mushrooms,
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
To soften the kick of raw cauliflower, process on it’s own first with 1 cup of filtered water. Strain through a cheese cloth or nut milk bag. Some of the pungent flavor will run off with the water. Or, you can also substitute with broccoli, which is much milder.
Mash: Place all ingredients into your food processor. Process until smooth.
Gravy: Place all ingredients into your blender. Blend smooth.