By Chef: Paula Ansell
Posted: May 16, 2017
Are you a carrot cake lover? These little morsels of greatness are destined to be made on repeat. Made with fresh, organic, raw ingredients (sourced locally if you can!) and topped with the most divine, creamy cashew lemon frosting. The perfect guilt-free treat!
Yield: 25 Balls
- 300g Dates
- 20g Ginger – grated
- 120g Raisins chopped
- 180g Walnuts chopped
- 280g Coconut
- 400g Shredded Carrot
- 100g Ground Flax meal
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
Lemon Zested Cashew Creme Icing
- 3/4 cup of un-soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of zest
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- Soak the dates and the fresh grated ginger together for at least 20mins prior to combining with all other ingredients.
- Make a dry mix: pulse in a food processor shredded Coconut, flax meal, pumpkin spice and walnuts.
- Chop up raisins into smaller pieces and combine with the dry mix.
- Add your carrots, these can be grated carrots or thrown in your food processor and pulsed until you have little mini chunks of carrot. Combine with the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula and set aside.
- Put your ginger soaked dates in the food processor to combine and make a soft gooey caramel paste, combining with about 1/4 cup of water while mixing to soften. Mix for about 3 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix together until if forms a consistency that can be rolled into balls without falling apart.
- Blend in your high powered blender until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate if you desire to thicken. Spread on your carrot cake balls and enjoy!