By Chef: Rachael Campbell
Posted: February 20, 2014
A truly tasty raw pasta dish from Rachel Campbell’s amazing Revolutionary Raw Recipes ebook! Raw pasta salad made from thinly spiralized carrot and beet served with a spicy pine nut and pistachio pesto. Absolutely delicious, and so healthy you can enjoy a large plateful without feeling anything but pure joy. Juicy and full of fiber, the noodles are of course 100% gluten-free and are full of phytonutrients and fiber. The sauce is rich in healthy fats to nourish the body and also help you feel satisfied. Enjoy!
- 1 large beetroot, peeled 1 carrot
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil Pinch celtic sea salt
1. Peel beetroot and wash thoroughly.
2. Using a Vegetable Spiraliser, slice beetroot to form angel hair pasta.
3. Soak beetroot in filtered water for 5 minutes with a pinch of Celtic sea salt. Rinse and repeat process 4 times until food colouring minimises.
4. Slice carrot using the Vegetable Spiraliser.
5. Place in large mixing bowl with beetroot and mixed greens.
6. Place pesto ingredients, except olive oil, in mini prep and blend thoroughly.
7. Drizzle oil into mini prep, at end of processing pesto ingredients, and blend for 30 seconds.
8. Massage pesto mixture into salad thoroughly using hands.
9. Garnish with chopped pistachio and mint.