By Chef: Paige Brummett
Posted: November 1, 2010
These carob mint truffles are a great vegan alternative to chocolate truffles. The mint flavor goes perfectly well with carob. Enjoy!
- 2 cups carob powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. peppermint oil
- 2 cups soaked dates (I soak them in fresh coconut water)
- 1/4 cup thick raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Process all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Shape into balls, and roll in carob powder.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve on a plate, sprinkled with carob powder and/ or shredded coconut.