By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: July 30, 2015
If you’re new to raw food, if you heard about raw desserts and have been keen to give some a go but found yourself in need of this and that special ingredient or equipment, then this is the perfect recipe for you. It doesn’t require special equipment, you can buy all the ingredients from a health food shop (or your regular supermarket if you’re lucky enough) and it’s dang easy. All in all about 5 minutes.
And if you’re already a pro at raw desserts, with heaps of delicious bliss ball recipes under your belt, then this is more than perfect for you too. Because it’s just amazingly delicious and it will easily sit proudly among your go to, favorite recipes.
- 12 Medjool dates (try to choose the softest ones, they work best in this recipe)
- 12 TBSP warm cashew butter (to warm it simply put the cashew butter in a small bowl atop a bigger bowl with hot water)
- 1 TBSP melted coconut oil
- handful of pecans, roughly crumbled
- homemade chocolate
- Make a cut in each date and carefully pit them without halving them.
- Mix cashew butter with coconut oil.
- Add 1 TBSP of cashew butter mix in each date and stuff few pecan crumbles in the middle.
- Take 2 stuffed dates and press them together, try to shape them into round balls. Or as round as you can get them. Using warm cashew butter and soft dates pays off right about now.
- Pop the balls into the fridge to firm up a bit. It should take about 10 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate in the meantime (bain marie method works best).
- Dip each ball in chocolate and then place onto a cutting board lined with baking paper. Pop into the fridge for the chocolate to set. Once the first layer of chocolate is firm, dip them again to form a second chocolate layer. Again, put them on the chopping board and pop them in the fridge. That’s it! You just made the best bliss balls in the land. Try not to eat them all in one go. Or try not to listen to what I just said.