By Chef: Diana Stobo
Posted: March 4, 2011
This elegant dessert is more than just good looks and taste. Lucuma is a highly nutritious, exotic Peruvian fruit known as the “Gold of the Incas”.
- 1 green apple, cored
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3-5 raw pecan halves, grated
1) Thinly slice or dice the apple.
2) In a medium bowl, mix together lucuma powder and maple syrup until a creamy caramel sauce is made.
3) Add the sliced apple to the caramel sauce and toss to coat. Spoon apple mixture into a small dessert dish, or tart mold, and press down gently.
4) Grate pecans with a cheese grater directly over the apples for a crusted topping.
5) If using a tart mold to make free standing tarts, gently remove before serving.