By Chef: Ann Oliverio
Posted: August 12, 2014
If you’ve ever wondered what it was like to sip on pure nectar of the God’s than this recipe by Ann Oliverio of An Unrefined Vegan is it. Fresh cantaloupe melon blended with banana, a touch of lemon, raw cashews and creamy coconut butter. The result is ambrosia in your glass. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked for a few hours, rinsed and drain
- 1 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish, optional
1) Put all of the ingredients into a high-speed or regular blender and process until silky smooth.
2) Garnish with mint leaves. Enjoy right away or let chill for a few hours to firm up slightly.