By Chef: Callie England
Posted: October 1, 2010
Almond Coconut Thins
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 cups dehydrated (unsweetened) coconut
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup date paste (soak pitted dated, blend with water)
- 1 t agave
- stevia to taste (or more agave)
- 2 t of sea salt
Cacao Dipping Chocolate
- 1/4 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/2-3/4 cup cacao powder
- pinch of salt
Almond Coconut Thin
- Mix all ingredients by hand or with a food processor.
- Chill dough in refrigerator if too oily.
- Place part of dough on Silpat (or any nonstick sheet) and place parchment paper on top of dough.
- Proceed to roll out slowly.
- Use round mold to cut out cookie shape.
- Dehydrate for at least 24 hours at 115 degrees (until desired crispness).
Cacao Dipping Sauce
- Chop or grate cacao butter into glass dish and place in dehydrator until melted.
- Stir the cacao butter, agave, and sea salt together in a glass or metal bowl.
- Slowly add the cacao powder and stir until smooth.
- Once cookies are finished, pull from dehydrator and set aside.
- Line dehydrator sheets (or you could use cookie sheets) with parchment paper.
- Slowly dip each cookie and place on parchment paper.
- Let cool and place in freezer if not serving immediately.