By Chef: Emma Potts
Posted: February 11, 2014
A crisp and bright raw cabbage slaw with juicy pearls of pomegranate fruit and a creamy almond butter-based ginger dressing that will make your taste buds sing! Enjoy this healthy and delicious salad by Emma Potts of Coconut and Berries for your next meal!
- 1/2 Medium-sized head of green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 Red Onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Eating Apple, thinly sliced (tossed in juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1/3-1/2C Pomegranate Seeds
- 2T Almond Butter (mine is unsalted, if you’re is salted you may like to decrease or omit salt listed)
- 2T Hemp Seeds
- 1T Agave Nectar — (RFR note: if you’re against agave you can emit it or use a liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4C Fresh Orange Juice
- 1t Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2t Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1/4t Salt
- Black Pepper
1) Combine cabbage, onion and apple in a large bowl. Tossing the apple in lemon prevents browning and adds a touch of tang to the salad.
2) Blend all the dressing ingredients together until smooth. If using only almond butter than you can whisk this together by hand.
3) Add the dressing to the salad and toss well. I used all of it but, depending on the size of your cabbage, you may not need it all.
4) Remove to a serving dish, top with a few grinds of black pepper and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.