By Chef: Ingrid Weithers-Barati
Posted: March 1, 2011
A delicious, creamy blueberry maca milk made with fresh hemp seeds and maca root for hormonal balance and omega 3’s. The blueberry flavor comes across subtle in this drink. It is sweet, smooth and rich and is a great breakfast to take with you in a thermos or mason jar when you’re on the go.
- 1 cup hemp seed milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup filter water
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon maca
Hemp seed milk
1. Place 1 cup hemp seeds and 2 cups water in a blender. Blend until liquefied.
2. Over a large bowl, pour the milk through a nut bag or fine mesh sieve to strain out the pulp. Repeat if needed.
3. Reserve the pulp for another use. Set 1 cup hemp seed milk aside and refrigerate any extra.
4. Blend blueberries and water in a blender until liquefied.
5. Strain the blueberry juice through a fine mesh sieve to remove the outer skin.
6. Rinse the blender container and replace on its base.
7. Pour the hemp seed milk, blueberry juice, and remaining ingredients in the blender and blend until combined. Strain again, if needed.
Serve in a chilled glass, sprinkle hemp seed atop. Enjoy.