By Chef: Alex Malinsky
Posted: June 4, 2013
Take a bite of a creamy blueberry infused coconut dreamsicle and melt away into bliss-land. Flavors of fresh blueberry and rich coconut swirl together with the juice of a lemon and low glycemic coconut nectar.
- 1 cup blueberries
- ⅛ cup liquid sweetener (I used Coconut Nectar)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 12 oz coconut milk (full fat)
1. Pour sweetener and lemon juice over berries and mix gently
2. Put coconut cream in a medium mixing bowl and whip until thickened adding in the blueberry mixture while whipping. Some of the berries will break down releasing their juices and creating texture. If you want the berries whole hand mix them in gently using a rubber spatula. If you prefer a quicker alternative and a more purple colored pop simply blend all of the ingredients together.
3. Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Place a 6 inch twig in place of the stem and freeze for 2 – 6 hours or until completely frozen.
4. Run the mold under warm water for a few seconds and gently pull popsicle from mold.