By Chef: Nadia Damaso
Posted: April 7, 2016
A combination of flavors that will make your taste buds dance. Instead of either having banana ice cream or chia pudding, why not add the two for a decadent yet healthy breakfast feast. The addition of berries adds some extra fruitiness you wouldn’t wanna miss out on. The nut butter is optional but highly recommended. Don’t forget to eat this with the longest spoon you have so that you can dive all the way down and have a bit of everything on the spoon. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 200 ml milk of choice, e.g. soy/almond/rice milk..
- some pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice, e.g. honey..
- 2 bananas, in slices, frozen
- 2 tsp homemade peanut or almond butter (not a must but a “recommended” ;))
- 150 ml milk of raw nut milk of choice e.g. almond
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice, e.g. honey..
- 100 g raspberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 150 g blackberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice, e.g. honey, coconut blossom sugar etc.
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 pomegranate (or berries of choice)
- crushed & roasted nuts
- homemade peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- Add the chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract and sweetener into a bowl and stir until well combined. Soak in the fridge overnight or for at least two hours.
- Mash together your berries and remaining ingredients for your berry topping.
- Take the frozen banana slices out of the freezer, thaw for a few minutes and add into a blender/food processor together with the milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter if desired and sweetener and mix for another minute.
- Stir the chia pudding again to avoid chunks and add into a jar alternately with the bananaicecream & berries right to the top.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate or other berries of choice, mulberries and whatever you like on top and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!