By Chef: Julie Van den Kerchove
Posted: July 16, 2015
Are you looking for a quick breakfast recipe that is easy, nutritious and full of flavor? This Berry Chia Parfait with Crunchy Cinnamon Granola is the perfect breakfast recipe. Topped with our ALL GOOD Crunchy Cinnamon Granola, this berry chia parfait makes a great protein power breakfast!
- 2 cups of walnut milk (same recipe as almond milk, but using walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom
- 2 large pinches of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- 6 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 cups of berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries… 1 large banana, cut into slices (optional), ½ cup of ALL GOOD Crunchy Cinnamon Granola (or any other granola of your choice)
- Combine walnut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cardamom and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- You could combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl as well, but just make sure there aren’t any clumps of cinnamon or cardamom left in your milk.
- Now take your mixing bowl and combine the walnut milk with the chia seeds. Stir well and let them rest for a few minutes.
- After three to four minutes, stir the mixture with a fork until everything is well combined. Place in the refrigerator.
- After about 1 hour the chia seeds will have soaked up most of the liquid, turning the mixture into a creamy pudding. If you like your pudding extra creamy like I do, leave it in the fridge overnight.
- 1. To assemble the parfait, I like to start with a layer of berries, then add some chia pudding, more berries and banana and another layer of chia pudding. 2. Top with a generous serving of your favorite granola and some extra berries.
• This Chia Pudding (without the fresh fruit & granola) will stay fresh for at least 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. • Cardamom has a delicious flavor and really powerful health benefits. It will help to detoxify your body, improve your digestion and fight free radicals – great for younger looking skin.