By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: November 26, 2014
Typically when you make a creme pot you need the following ingredients: heavy cream, dairy milk, eggs, and a truck load of sugar. However, to make THIS delicious recipe you need only a handful of healthy, clean and nourishing ingredients. Prepare yourself for epic amounts of YUM!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp mesquite powder
- 1 flat TBSP raw honey (or maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 35g of cacao butter
- To top: extra raw mesquite powder or raw chocolate (melted and poured over the cream)
- Melt your cacao butter either in a dehydrator at 41 or bain marie.
- Add the bananas in a blender and blitz them until silky smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blitz for few more seconds.
- Pour the cream into serving jars.
- You can serve them as they are or sprinkle some extra mesquite powder. My favorite way though is to add some raw 100% dark chocolate on top. Chill the cream in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, pour melted raw chocolate on top in a thin layer and return to the fridge until the chocolate sets (10 minutes). This will create a crisp layer of chocolate on top and what a delight to crack into it to get a spoonful of the luxurious cream.