By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: March 12, 2015
If you’re craving greens but can’t decide between a tall glass of fortifying and refreshing green juice, or a dense and satisfying green smoothie, this recipe may be just the ticket. Banana and pear combine with avocado to build a creamy, rich foundation for this smoothie, while lemon juice, parsley, and tender micro greens give the overall flavor a refreshing green juice spin. This recipe is rich in healthy fats and gentle proteins to fuel your body and brain. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 1 Large or 2 Small Servings (about 20 ounces total)
- 1 ripe ripe banana, frozen
- 1 small, ripe pear, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1/4 large or 1/2 small Hass avocado
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 cup Dole® Power Up Greens™ Baby Kale and Greens, or greens of choice (spinach, kale, collards, and chard are all fine here)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 pitted medjool date (optional)
Blend all ingredients till smooth. Serve, garnished with parsley if desired!