By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: January 11, 2011
When dessert can’t wait, it’s time for banana ice cream! Stock your freezer with peeled bananas, and sweet satisfaction is less than 10 minutes away. The cacao crunch swirl and topping send this over the top!
For the Banana ice cream:
- 4 Frozen Bananas
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Seeds of ½ vanilla bean
For the Cacao Crunch mix-in & topping:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- pinch of salt
1) Slice the bananas very thin. If your bananas are deeply frozen, thaw for 5 minutes. In the meantime, you can mix up your cacao crunch!
2) Whisk the coconut oil, honey, cacao powder, cacao nibs, and salt until smooth. Set aside.
3) Place bananas in a food processor fit with the s-blade. Pulse to chop. Continue to process until the bananas begin to turn creamy.
4) Stop the processor and use a spatula to break up any clumps. Add honey and vanilla bean and process until smooth, like soft serve ice cream.
5) Add ½ of the cacao crunch and give the processor a few quick pulses to mix in. Don’t over process!
6) Divide among two dishes. Top with the remaining cacao crunch & serve immediately.