By Chef: Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram
Posted: August 24, 2012
Kristina describes her fresh green salad creation complete with creamy avocado peach dressing. “Avocados and peaches are both summer delights! When combined, they create a creamy and sweet savor for your salad! Enjoy the sweet and juicy flavors of this salad! It is low fat, and it is so refreshing!”
- Any variety greens from your box such as romaine, kale, or swiss chard.
- 3-5 Peaches Depending on Size
- 1/3-1/2 of an Avocado Depending on the Size of the Salad
- Cherry Tomaotes or Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Herb of Choice like Basil, Italian Parsley, or Cilantro
- Optional: Mango and Bell Peppers (Green Ones Were Choices this Past Week).
1) Wash your desired greens, chop them, and place them in a bowl or plate.
2) Cut up any other desired ingredients and throw them onto the salad.
For the dressing:
1) Blend 3-4 peaches with the third/half of the avocado. Add the mango and a third of the bell pepper if you really want a kick!
2) Get your hands dirty and mix it all together.
3) Top, decorate, and enjoy!