By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: November 14, 2013
A quick, nutritious, and super flavorful raw dip or topping by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish made with fresh parsley, lemon juice, garlic, avocado and sunflower seeds! If you love avocado but want an alternative to the usual guacamole (or love pesto and want something a little lighter) this is a perfect recipe for you. Serve with fresh cucumber slices, or stuff some in a red bell pepper and top with sprouts, a sprinkling of hemp seeds, dulse flakes, and maybe a dash of black pepper or a splash of coconut aminos. Enjoy!
- one bunch of flat leaf parsley
- one avocado
- two or three cloves of garlic
- the juice of one lemon
- a quarter cup of raw sunflower seeds
- Himalayan salt to taste
1) Toss one bunch of flat leaf parsley, one avocado, two or three cloves of garlic, the juice of one lemon and a quarter cup of raw sunflower seeds into your food processor and process until the sunflower seeds have broken down. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the sides down a couple of times.
2) Add in some himalayan salt to taste and there you have it!
If there are leftovers, store them in the fridge.