By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: July 8, 2014
Getting a little bored with your usual smoothie combos lately? Give this one a try from Gena Hemshaw of Choosing Raw! Fresh banana and grapes add that perfect level of sweetness while cucumber and coconut water add refreshing hydration. Avocado bumps up the creaminess factor while kale, spinach, cilantro and parsley add more nutrients and help the body detoxify. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 large serving
- 1 small banana, peeled, cut into pieces, and frozen
- 1 cup green grapes, frozen
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 large or 1/2 small Hass avocado
- 1 heaping cup spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, washed well and tightly packed
- 1 cup coconut water (+ extra as needed)
- optional: 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1) Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender till smooth, adding more coconut water as needed.
2) Serve, garnished with herbs.