By Chef: Bethanne Wanamaker
Posted: November 17, 2010
Autumn is the perfect season to get grounded. The easiest way to do this is by eating sacred healing foods, including roots, barks, and herbs that grow straight from the Earth – leaving you feeling grounded, centered, and balanced. This soup is all raw, vegan, organic, and wildcrafted.
- 1.5 cups spring water
- 1.5 cups tonic herbal tea (pau d’arco, chanca pierda, rhodiola, astragulus root, burdock root, kava kava, cat’s claw, horsetail, nettle leaf or root, oatstraw, noni leaf, alfalfa)
- 1-2 tbsp Earth
- 2 tbsp miso (South River brand in glass)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-1.5 tbsp kelp powder
- pinch of habanero or cayenne
- sprinkle of turmeric powder
- sprinkle of chia seeds and hemp seeds
- sprinkle cordyceps mushroom powder
1. Blend on high until very creamy in a Vita-Mix.
2. Top with diced avocado (don’t heat the avocado), sprinkle of black peppercorn, and sprinkle of fresh parsley. Don’t leave out the avocado – there’s something about adding it on top that adds to the creaminess and nourishing sensation of this tonic soup.
Optional: quirt of Kyolic’s aged garlic extract liquid and a small squeeze of lemon.