By Chef: Michelle and Lori
Posted: February 2, 2012
Looking for a simple and easy to make lasagna? This raw lasagna is super easy and extra tasty with the pesto layers.
- 1 zucchini, large (thinly sliced)
- 1 large tomato (thinly sliced)
- And pumpkin arugula pesto (recipe below)
- as much sauerkraut as you want
Pumpkin Arugula Pesto:
- about 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (can use sunflower seeds or any nut)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp sauerkraut juice (can use lemon or lime juice or apple cider vinegar)
- handful of fresh basil
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
Place all pesto ingredients in your blender and blend till creamy. *may do it in a food processor as well.
Than you build your lasagna with your zucchini and tomato as layers. To get your zucchini really thin it is best to use a mandoline.
1.Take a few pieces of zucchini and place on plate.
2.Next tomato slice.
3.And top it off with pesto and sauerkraut. Repeat layers!