By Chef: Elise Museles
Posted: December 31, 2015
When you need something to carry you over from the office to your evening workout and the meetings in between, reach for these these grain-free & delicious bars. A mixture of sweet dates, crunchy cashews, and smooth nut butter makes the perfect base with added nutrients and flavor from the apricots and vanilla.
Yield: 8 bars
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsulphered dried apricots
- ¼ cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- shredded coconut to top
- Line a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 12.5-cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, with some small chunks remaining. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the coconut for topping, and pulse until the ingredients start to stick together. Do not process until smooth, as the texture helps the bars hold together.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and use a sheet of parchment paper on top to press and flatten evenly using the palm of your hand. Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top, then cover the pan with parchment paper. Place the covered bars in the refrigerator for 1 hour before slicing into 8 individual bars. Enjoy!