By Chef: Sayward Rebhal
Posted: July 23, 2012
In need of a mid day snack to accompany that tall glass of refreshing ice tea? How about these apricot jam bars with sweet apricot puree sitting elegantly atop a light and crumbly coconut flour crust. The flavors of fresh coconut butter, apricots and vanilla will dance on the tongue and uplift the spirit. This recipe requires no dehydration at all, only a brief moment in the fridge to set. Coconut flour is available from a few different companies these days, but we highly recommend Coconut Secrets brand. EnJOY!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup alt milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (more for greasing)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups dried apricot halves, soaked at least 4 hours
- 2 cups water
1) Use coconut oil to grease an 8″ baking tray.
2) Combine all crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and completely combine. If you need to melt the coconut oil, you can float it in a small bowl within a larger bowl of hot water.
3) Once the batter is mixed, press it into the bottom of the baking tray.
4) Place all soaked apricots in a blender or food processor. Add enough of the soak water to form a thick but smooth paste – probably just over a cup.
5) When the apricots are fully blended, spread them evenly on top of the crust.
Refrigerate to set for a few hours.