By Chef: Ingrid Weithers-Barati
Posted: January 7, 2011
There is nothing better than spoonful after spoonful of fresh homemade applesauce made from organic apples, and it is so easy to do! It takes no time at all to make this delicious version of an old time classic.
- 2 apples [your choice], cored and chopped
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon lucuma powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of fresh lemon zest
- Pinch of fresh nutmeg
- Walnuts, chopped
- Dried currants
1. Place all ingredients in the blender, except the walnuts and dried currants, and blend until smooth or to desired consistency.
2. Garnish with chopped walnuts and dried currants.
Apples come in many varieties and flavors, don’t hesitate to try them all. If you like your applesauce with more texture, stir in chopped apples, raisins, cranberries, or add some crunch with chopped nuts or seeds.